You can now access two free online webinars by Lynn McCann (Reachout ASC) focusing on supporting autistic children and young people with transitions. The first webinar focuses on transitioning back to school after lockdown and the second on bigger transitions between classes and settings (e.g. beginning a new class, starting reception, transitioning to secondary school etc). Both short courses are available via SchudioTV via the following links:
The Learning Disability Matters for Families website has recently been updated with a range of resources to support resilience and wellbeing of children and young people. You can access it here: https://learningdisabilitymatters.co.uk/covid-19/
CONTACT: For families with disabled children
“A Rather Long Haul”
Monday 15th June 7-30pm
You are invited to join a virtual workshop organised by Contact this is for Parents of children with Special Needs and or Disabilities in Newcastle. The focus of the workshop will be Home Schooling and its challenges. It is unlikely that children and young people will be returning to full time as we know it school or college for some time yet and so the challenges for some home schooling will continue.
The Workshop will be presented by Bringing us Together with Katie Clarke and Karen Hickton and so is guaranteed to be informative, inspiring and fun.
If you would like to attend please email Catherine.ratcliffe@Cafamily.org.uk who will send you the details of how to join the workshop.
- Carol Gray Social Story - KS2MiddleHigh.pdf
- Childrens-story-about-coronavirus - KeyStage2MiddleSchoolLowerHighSchool.pdf
- Additional Coronavirus Resources links.docx
- Corona Social Story - Primary1.pdf
- Corona Virus Social Story - Primary.pdf
- Corona Social Story - Primary.pdf
- Corona Virus Social Story - PrimaryandMiddle.pub
- Explaining Corona Virus PDF - Primary (KS1LKS2).pdf
- Coronavirus comicbook - MiddleHighSchool.jpg